Key issues in the industry
Quick, friendly service and clean facilities: baseline standards of the highest grossing Convenience Stores (C-Stores) and Gas Stations. It’s a fairly simple equation, yet these basic foundations of creating an optimum sales environment erode when no one is looking. Suddenly the rest rooms become neglected, customers are no longer greeted or treated brusquely, trash litters the gas aisles and sales begins to slide.
Through our time in this industry, we have learned what makes these brands successful, and why some brands or companies fall to the wayside or get lost in the crowd. Our customer intelligence products can give you the information you need to empower you with knowledge and customer perceptions. During our evaluation of convenience stores, some of our measured variables include:
- Are the gas aisles clean and stocked with paper towels and water?
- What is the customer’s first impression of the exterior? The convenience store?
- Are we “servicing” customers or “processing” customers?
- Do customers feel safe on-site?
- Is the car wash, air compressors and/or vacuums operational?
- Which things about us create brand loyalty and repeat business, and which diminish them?
- Do our employees come across as professional, friendly and welcoming?
- Is self-serve product fresh and in-stock?
- Does posted pricing match the pump price on the gas aisles?
- What are people saying about us on Facebook, Twitter, etc?
- How does our c-store compare with our competitors?
- Which simple operational adjustments can make to garner higher returns?
- What do our customers perceive as our negatives and how do we reduce them?
- How do our different branch locations score and compare with each other?
- Are all personnel following the specific training and protocols that we provided them with?
Over the years, we’ve seen the best of the best convenience stores and gas stations continually invest in customer intelligence data, and use that data to tweak brand positioning, customer service platforms or branch operational procedures to maximize the customer service experience, which leads to greater brand loyalty, positive halo and word of mouth, and ultimately, optimal sales performance and market share.
Maximum sales performance equals maximum revenue, and CX Orlando has a proven suite of measurement and marketing tools to ensure your your business is creating the best possible customer service and sales environment possible to drive profits and deepen customer loyalty.
Customer Intelligence Best Practices for the Industry
Acquiring and maintaining exceptional customer service levels requires the ability to consistently gather and measure data and feedback throughout your value chain. Below are the most prominent areas that industry clients of CX Orlando use to gather customer intelligence and improve overall performance.
- Phone Inquiry Experience
- On-Site Gas Purchase
- On-Site C-Store Evaluation
- On-Site Ancillary Audit (Price Match, Car Wash, Air, Vacuum)
- Web-Receipt or IVR Customer Service Survey
- Price Comparisons
- Competitor Analysis
- Mobile Marketing Promotions, Couponing and Feedback
- Social Media and Reputation Tracking
- Employee Climate Status
Benefit from our experience by requesting a consultation today. We can help you develop a customized plan to address the needs you know you have, and the ones you didn’t even know existed.
Recommended Measurement Tools Include: