Key issues in the industry
Personal and unobtrusive service can be a good start for winning a customer’s business. Helpful and knowledgeable sales associates make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for, and the right sales and closing techniques can help ring the register at the cash wrap. Customers want to shop in an organized and comfortable environment. They want transactions rung up quickly and accurately in a friendly manner.
From a Retailer’s perspective, they want to make sure that merchandising is complete and current, and that sales associates are suggesting promoted items.
What is the best game plan available to retailers for maximizing sales per square foot and overall gross volume? It starts with great product, but even the best product can’t drive sales when customer service is lacking, especially in difficult financial times, where there are only so many disposable dollars to go around, and plenty of competitors out there, hands wide open to snatch those dollars away from you!
Don’t give shoppers a reason to shop elsewhere, particularly on the issues that you can control! Outstanding customer service, from the door to the cash wrap, is a hallmark of the most successful retailers, large and small. The sales floor, when clean, organized and attended by friendly and empathetic sales associates, creates a fantastic forum for fostering immediate sales and long term brand loyalty.
Much like restaurants and other similar industries, the retail industry heavily relies on customers and their perception of the company to keep business flowing. Because of this, they are important clients to CX Orlando. We have provided many clients with both timely and reliable customer service information. We offer customer intelligence information that can empower the company, and also help them to take a step back and understand their company from the customer’s perspective. This allows companies to understand what they need to do to stand out so they do not fall by the wayside in the future. Some of the variables we look at when evaluating companies in the retail industry include:
- What is the customer’s first impression of the sales floor?
- Are we delivering on all our brand standards and customer service criteria?
- Are we “servicing” customers or “processing” customers?
- Do we hard upsell, do we order take or do we “sweet sell” while maximizing sales opportunities?
- Which things about us create brand loyalty and repeat business, and which diminish them?
- Do our sales associates come across as professional, friendly and knowledgeable?
- How do our customers feel about each specific location and our brand overall?
- Which operational adjustments can garner higher returns?
- Are we consistently responsive to Internet and phone inquiries?
- What are people saying about us on Facebook, Twitter, etc?
- How does our retail experience compare with our competitors?
- What do our customers perceive as our negatives and how do we reduce them?
- How do our locations stack up against each other?
- Are all personnel following the specific training and protocols that we provided them with?
Over the years, we’ve seen the best of the best continually invest in customer intelligence data, and use that data to tweak brand positioning, customer service platforms or in-unit operational procedures to maximize the consumer experience, which leads to greater brand loyalty, positive halo and word of mouth, and ultimately, optimal sales performance and market share.
Maximum sales performance equals maximum revenue, and CX Orlando has a proven suite of measurement and marketing tools to ensure your Retail locations are creating the best possible sales environment to drive profits and deepen customer loyalty.
Customer Intelligence Best Practices for the Industry
Acquiring and maintaining exceptional customer service levels requires the ability to consistently gather and measure data and feedback throughout your value chain. Below are the most prominent areas that the retail clients of CX Orlando measure to gather customer intelligence and improve overall performance.
- Phone Inquiry Experience
- Phone Purchase Experience
- Internet Inquiry Experience
- Internet Purchase Experience
- On-Site Browsing Experience
- On-Site Purchase Experience
- On-Site Purchase and Return Experience
- Competitor Analysis
- Social Media and Reputation Tracking
- Employee Climate Status
Benefit from our experience in the Retail Industry by requesting a consultation today. We can help you develop a customized plan to address the needs you know you have, and the ones you didn’t even know existed.
Recommended Measurement Tools Include: