Key issues in the industry
Keeping profits high means keeping ridership yields high, and maximizing every opportunity to sell and up sell, while minimizing revenue leakage. The best game plan for making sure yield and profits are consistently at optimal levels begins with a baseline customer intelligence strategy that is consistently utilized across the operation. From trains, planes, buses, taxis and boats, consumers value the same baseline courtesies in customer service, cleanliness and value for price.
We have served many clients by providing them with customer intelligence information that is high quality, timely and reliable. Through our collection of this information over the years, we have come to realize what it takes to make a brand successful, and also why some brands or companies fall by the wayside or get lost in the crowd of other similar companies. The information we provide not only empowers the company to brand itself better, but also gives the company a look at the customers true perceptions of the brand. When evaluating companies in the transportation industry, some of the variables we consider include:
- Are the waiting facilities and means of carriage clean, well-lit and safe?
- Are timetables being adhered to?
- Do we create a welcoming and friendly environment on the phone and at each point of contact?
- Are operational safety issues consistently employed?
- How do our guests feel about service, price, quality and value of our transportation?
- Are we efficiently moving traffic in ticket lines?
- Are retail transactions handles smoothly?
- Are we “servicing” customers or “processing” customers?
- Did anyone check that the rider had a valid ticket?
- Are all our employees following the specific training and protocols that we provided them with?
- Is there anything that detracts from the guest experience that we can correct?
- Do we hard up sell, do we order take or do we “sweet sell” while maximizing sales opportunities?
- What are people saying about us on Facebook, Twitter, etc?
- Which simple operational adjustments can make to garner higher returns?
- What do our guests perceive as our negatives and how do we reduce them?
Over the years, we’ve seen the best of the best operations continually invest in customer intelligence data, and use that data to tweak brand positioning, customer service platforms or branch operational procedures to maximize the customer service experience, which leads to greater brand loyalty, positive halo and word of mouth, and ultimately, optimal sales performance and market share.
Maximum sales performance equals maximum revenue, and CX Orlando has a proven suite of measurement and marketing tools to ensure your facilities are creating the best possible customer service and sales environment possible to drive profits and deepen customer affinity for your Transportation department or brand.
Customer Intelligence Best Practices for the Industry
Acquiring and maintaining exceptional customer service levels requires the ability to consistently gather and measure data and feedback throughout your value chain. Below are the most prominent areas that the clients of CX Orlando use to gather customer intelligence and improve overall performance.
- Phone Inquiry
- Phone Inquiry-Sales Transaction Experience
- Internet Inquiry-Sales Transaction Experience
- On-Site Ticket Purchase
- On-Site Evaluation
- On-Site Food & Beverage
- On-Board Evaluation
- Ridership Climate
- Price Comparisons
- Competitor Analysis
Benefit from our experience by requesting a consultation today. We can help you develop a customized plan to address the needs you know you have, and the ones you didn’t even know existed.
Recommended Measurement Tools Include: