Key issues in the industry
Maximizing ticket sales yields and per caps on food & beverage, parking and merchandise are ever more critical to the success of auditoriums, performance halls and arenas as there are more and more tantalizing options fighting over limited consumer dollars. In this fiercely competitive environment, it is more critical than ever to make sure you are not giving patrons an excuse not to attend or not to spend. Meeting or beating guest expectations comes from understanding your operational strengths and weaknesses from top to bottom, and their corresponding impressions and impact on the customer.
We have worked with many of America’s best brands, providing them high quality customer intelligence that is both timely and reliable. Through this work, we have discovered what makes operations successful, and are familiar with variables in the entertainment industry that can both help and hurt your company. By studying these variables and keeping track of customer intelligence, you can be empowered with critical knowledge about your customers’ expectations and perceptions that can help you provide them with great service for years to come. Some of the variables we measure for the entertainment industry and facilities include:
- Do we create a welcoming and friendly environment on the phone and at the point of entry?
- Are we “servicing” customers or “processing” customers?
- Are all our employees following the specific training and protocols that we provided them with?
- Is there anything that detracts from the guest experience that we can correct?
- How do our guests feel about service, cleanliness, price, quality and value of our caterer?
- Do we hard upsell, do we order take or do we “sweet sell” while maximizing sales opportunities?
- How would our guests rate each of our amenities?
- Are we efficiently moving traffic in ticket, concession and merchandise lines?
- Is our cleaning vendor providing a clean building to our guests?
- Does event staff support our customer service policies or undermine them?
- What are people saying about us on Facebook, Twitter, etc?
- Which simple operational adjustments can make to garner higher returns?
- What do our guests perceive as our negatives and how do we reduce them?
Over the years, we’ve seen the best of the best operations continually invest in customer intelligence data, and use that data to tweak brand positioning, customer service platforms or branch operational procedures to maximize the customer service experience, which leads to greater brand loyalty, positive halo and word of mouth, and ultimately, optimal sales performance and market share for limited entertainment dollars.
Maximum sales performance equals maximum revenue, and CX Orlando has a proven suite of measurement and marketing tools to ensure your facilities are creating the best possible customer service and sales environment possible to drive profits and deepen customer affinity for your venue.
Customer Intelligence Best Practices for the Industry
Acquiring and maintaining exceptional customer service levels requires the ability to consistently gather and measure data and feedback throughout your value chain. Below are the most prominent areas that the Entertainment & Facilities clients of CX Orlando use to gather customer intelligence and improve overall performance.
- Phone Inquiry/Season Ticket Sales Transaction Experience
- Phone Inquiry/Group Ticket Sales Transaction Experience
- Phone Inquiry/Individual Ticket Sales Transaction Experience
- Phone Inquiry/Premium Seating Sales/Reservations Transaction Experience
- Internet Inquiry/Sales Transaction Experience
- On-Site Ticket Purchase/Will Call Evaluation
- On-Site Event Evaluation
- On-Site Food & Beverage and Merchandise
- On-Site Premium Seating Evaluation
- On-Site Tours
- Guest Intercepts
- Web-Receipt or IVR Customer Service Survey
- Price Comparisons
- Competitor Analysis
- Mobile Marketing Promotions, Couponing and Feedback
- Social Media and Reputation Tracking
- Employee Climate Status
Benefit from our experience by requesting a consultation today. We can help you develop a customized plan to address the needs you know you have, and the ones you didn’t even know existed.
Recommended Measurement Tools Include: